It is easy to get caught up in the minutiae of everyday life and forget the bigger picture. While it is important to focus on individual steps, you don’t have to reach the top before turning around to enjoy the view.
Here’s what I see when I look back over my first six months as an author. I have:-
- Set up a website
- Started this blog to share my author journey
- Created an author page on goodreads.com
- Come up with the idea of a travel mystery series
- Travelled to Costa Rica to research book two
- Had paperback sales / Kindle downloads in the UK, US and Canada
That’s not bad!
OK, my sales could be better. There are countries where my book has not yet been discovered. And there’s lots of writing still to do. But today, I am taking a day off from worrying about what I haven’t achieved yet. Instead, I am celebrating small successes.
Why don’t you join me and take a moment to celebrate yours?
Enjoyed this post?
You can leave a comment or…
Check out my travel mystery series on Amazon / See my latest author insights on Twitter or Instagram / Follow this blog through my website, Facebook or LinkedIn / Find out about new releases and promotions by following me on Goodreads, AllAuthor or Bookbub.